Sunday, March 29, 2009

Holly McFadden


Long ago (1977) and far away from where I am now, I dated Holly McFadden. In fact, we ended up living together for a while. I let her slip away from me, as I was a bit of a rambler back in those times. I still remember her well and with affection.


I only recently learned of her terrible death and don't wish to say anything about this. I also remember Holly’s Family; Her Mother, Father and two Sisters. They were all very nice to me and treated me well. My heart goes out to them all, as I know they will miss her so much. Most of what I remember about Holly I will keep to myself. I will tell you that she was very beautiful, highly intelligent, and strong willed. She was the type of woman who makes a man out of a man. This is the only photo I have of Holly. She is with me and my Mother and Father. I cannot remember where it was taken, but I’m glad the photo includes her smile. I think that if this photo is here, somehow her Family will get to see her "back then." I will always remember Holly McFadden.

Video added January 5, 2010. Two short Super-8 movie clips from back in 1977 of Holly when we were at a Bellyflop Contest at the old Coachhouse Hotel in North Vancouver. We had a lot of fun that day.

I may have found Holly's sister Gail. I sure hope she and her sister Coral get to see this post.